Vyla, INC. (“VYLA”)
Our Privacy Philosophy
You own your data.
VYLA will not do any of the following without your permission:
- Access your computers
- Access your system
- Share your files with third parties
- Anonymity: protecting the identity and privacy of customers
- Rights of natural persons using VYLA services and software
- Use of VYLA and customer data
- Protecting VYLA’s system and software
- Contact information for privacy issues
Cookies: VYLA’s websites, services, and software uses “Cookies” to track your activities and preferences. This allows VYLA to make the websites, services, and software more responsive to your needs. VYLA does that by using Cookies to process user requests, improving functionality for users, and improve web content (making the web design and content are relevant to you). A web-page server places a Cookie or data file on your hard disk. Programs cannot be run nor can viruses be delivered using the Cookies. Browsers can be configured to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. If you have questions about how to do that, consult the “Help” menu of the browser you are using. Certain web pages on our site cannot be used if you reject all cookies.
Security: VYLA will take reasonable efforts to secure the data you provide—including information that identifies natural persons—from unauthorized access. Reasonable efforts include encrypting all passwords in the VYLA database and sending traffic between VYLA controlled systems over encrypted channels. But it is impossible to guarantee that every communication or transmission over the internet is secure. Thus, despite VYLA’s reasonable efforts, it cannot guarantee the safety of this personal information. By using VYLA’s system, service, or website you agree that VYLA will not be held liable for any unauthorized access. If your information is compromised because of a security breach, VYLA will notify you in accord with applicable law.
Anonymity: VYLA anonymizes data to the extent that it does not interfere with the services VYLA provides to you, any obligation VYLA has under law, or developing or improving VYLA’s products and services:
- Anonymize means removing information that would allow anyone to identify you or your business as the source of data.
- VYLA will ask you to expressly opt in before participating in any benchmarking or similar activity that requires data that is not anonymous.
- VYLA, its Affiliates, and contractors will not provide data to others that can identify you or your business without your express permission or unless required by law; for example, you may authorize VYLA to share non-anonymized data with another vendor for the purpose of facilitating services you receive from that vendor.
Use of Information: Subject to the Anonymity provision above, VYLA and its Affiliates use your information in the following ways: Your information is used to provide and improve the services or products offered, licensed, or provided to you by VYLA. VYLA will also use your information for internal business purposes. VYLA also shares your information with Affiliates or third parties, when VYLA is making the disclosure to provide you with or to improve the products or services offered, licensed, or provided by VYLA. VYLA may also use the information you provide to produce data for other commercial purposes in anonymized form, including by aggregating it with other data. VYLA may also provide or disclose your information, if that disclosure is required by law; if VYLA is required to do so, to seek remedies for a breach of any end-user agreement or contract; if the data is transferred as part of a sale of VYLA or a portion of its business; and if VYLA believes disclosure is necessary to protect its rights or the personal safety of others. VYLA may also disclose your information to appropriate authorities and financial institutions.
Links Outside VYLA: VYLA’s website, services, and software might provide links to third-party sites. Third parties may also link to VYLA’s website, services, and software. VYLA does not make any representations about the privacy policies or content of third-party sites. VYLA is not responsible or liable for any third-party policies, acts, or omissions.
Personal Data: To the greatest extent possible, VYLA does not keep or process the personal data of natural persons, except for the purpose of identifying authorized users, providing customer service, customer sales, and product development. Any information of this kind is only shared with VYLA employees and vendors for customer service, product development, customer sales, and verification purposes.
Age of users: The use of products, services, and websites provided by Vyla are for individuals who are 18 years and older.
Additional Rights Regarding Personal Data under GDPR: The following notices and disclosures apply to all natural persons who provide personal data to VYLA, i.e., data subjects, who are covered by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679):
- Length of Data Use: Personal data of a data subject is maintained while the data subject or the data subject’s employer is a customer of VYLA, and for a reasonable time afterwards to make it easier for VYLA to serve the data subject or his or her employer if either re-subscribe to VYLA’s services and to contact them about subscription renewal and new products and services.
- Right to Access and Rectification: A data subject has the right to demand access to and the rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
- Right to Lodge Complaint: A data subject also has the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority regarding VYLA’s processing of his or her personal data.
- Providing Personal Data to Data Subject: VYLA can provide to a data subject—upon request—remote access to a secure system that provides that natural person with direct access to his or her personal data. This type of request will not be fulfilled in way that may adversely affect the rights or freedoms of others, including trade secrets or intellectual property, and, in particular, the copyrights, protecting VYLA’s software. Depending on the amount of data that falls within this type of request, VYLA may request that, before the information is delivered, the data subject specify the information or processing activities to which his or her request relates.
- Data Transfer outside the EU: In most instances, You are sending information directly to VYLA in the United States. Also, VYLA transfers your information, including personal information of natural persons, outside the European Union to the United States because the transfer is necessary for the performance of the services contract between you and VYLA or the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at your request. Not all states in the United States have data-protection and privacy laws as comprehensive as the European Union. If European Union data-protection and privacy laws apply to you, then VYLA will maintain measures to protect your personal information identifying natural persons in a manner commiserate with the protections required under European Union law. The EU has not determined that the United States has adequate legal safeguards outside of certain self-certification programs that VYLA currently does not participate in.